A great leather reclining sofa offers the perfect blend between comfort and luxury. Available in a wide choice of styles, you are sure to find one to suit your design goal or lifestyle demand. From sleek and minimal to classic and contemporary, these units are safe and secure to use.
To choose the best unit, consider its design, durability, size and comfort. Put your feet up with our list of the best leather reclining sofas for every budget and style!
- Our Top 10 Leather Reclining Sofas
- 1. Buncrana Power Reeling Sofa by Ashley Furniture
- Buying Guide
- Leather Reclining Sofa Explained
- Benefits of Using a Leather Reclining Sofa
- How are leather reclining sofas different from other alternative sofas?
- Thoughtful tips for choosing the best leather reclining sofa
- Flaws but Not Deal Breakers
Our Top 10 Leather Reclining Sofas
Best All Around
Best for Comfort
Best Contemporary Design
Best Modern Design
Best for Large Families
Best Cozy Design
Best Refined Look
Recliners are traditional sofas, but with the comfort of an adjustable backrest. Here are our favorite picks!
1. Buncrana Power Reeling Sofa by Ashley Furniture
Best All Around: Buncrana Power Reeling Sofa by Ashley Furniture
The sofa has a traditional appearance of rolled armrests and chic nailhead trim. The high back and easy view headrest provide great comfort for lazy day living. Made of top-grain interior and split-grain leather on the back and sides. The dual-sided recliner offers convenient USB charging ports.
- Corner-blocked frame and metal seat frame
- Dual-sided recliner with a static middle seat
- USB charging ports in the power control
- Easy View power adjustable headrest
- Upholstered in top-grain leather seats and armrests
- Elegant rolled armrests and chic nailhead trim
Who is this Leather Sofa Ideal For?
Anyone looking for comfort without sacrificing elegance and distinctive taste. A mix of elegance and comfort makes this piece the best all-around reclining couch.
2. Homelegance Center Hill
Best for Comfort: Homelegance Center Hill
Plush bonded leather makes this sofa a stunning addition to your living space. The simple recline function adds to comfort and relief of back pain. Traditional rolled arms and channel-tufted form with nailhead detailing adds layer of interest.
- Sturdy and comfortable
- It has a power double reclining function
- Very easy to assemble and operate
- Traditional rolled arms lend a classic touch
- Upholstered with brown bonded leather match
Who is this Leather Sofa Ideal for?
For pain-free posture while enjoying time with loved ones, this furniture piece is for you.
3. Myleene Motion Sofa
Best Features: Myleene Motion Sofa with Pillow Arms Chestnut
Plump bustle back and thick padded ottoman add a touch of coziness to this sofa. The end seats recline, while the middle part has a storage drawer and a drop-down table with two cup holders. The chestnut color and baseball stitching add a tasteful element to the sofa.
- Pillow style arms and thick padded ottoman
- Features a handy storage drawer and cup holders
- Upholstered in breathable PU and pull up PU
- White contrasting baseball stitching
Who is this Leather Sofa Ideal For?
Great product if willing to spend extra cash for ultimate comfort and practicality. Reviewers note that the material feels good and the sofa perfectly reclines to an angle you want it to.
4. Furniture of America Steely
Best Performing: Furniture of America Steely 2-Recliner Sofa
Comfort and style make this power motion sofa a great addition to your living space. Both ends of the sofa have seats that fully recline, and equipped with USB ports. The middle seat has a drop-down table complete with two cup holders. Seats and armrest come dressed in rich faux leather for a cool and relaxing experience.
- Contemporary style reclining sofa
- Rich leatherette upholstery
- Two fully reclinable seats with footrest
- Drop-down table with cup holders
Who is Leather Sofa Ideal For?
Perfect to have first-time couch with a recliner. It provides ultimate comfort and practicality. Some reviewers find it great for holding cups while enjoying movie night in a reclined angle.
5. Hydeline Raymond
Best Contemporary Design: Hydeline Raymond
Boasting of a rich antique hand rubbed finish and brass nailhead trim. It adds natural beauty and style with top grain leather cushions and armrests in walnut. Clean structure and soft cushions allow comfortable back support or feet kick-up rest. Plus, it’s easy to maintain its original look.
- Solid wood frame with glued corner blocks
- Seats and armrests dressed in genuine leather
- Side areas covered in match leather
- Built-in USB ports on each recliner control panel
- Home button which resets the seat by a single button
- Noiseless and stable power recliner function
- Has matching loveseat for a complete seating configuration
Who is This Leather Sofa Ideal For?
If you’re looking for a timeless piece that fits in any living space, this recliner is right for you. High-grade comfort leaves no space for any spending regrets!
6. Wurstrow Power Reclining Sofa
Best Modern Design: Wurstrow Power Reclining Sofa
Top-grain leather seats and easy view headrest keep you comfortable for hours on end. USB charging ports at each side of the sofa keep everything charged and ready to use. The smoke trembolt finish has a rustic feel to it which is perfect for both modern or casual aesthetics.
- Built-in USB charging port
- Thick padded ottoman for enhanced comfort
- Corner-blocked frame with sturdy metal seat frame
- Power motion recliner with adjustable positions
- Seating area and armrests crafted in top-grain leather
- Dual-sided recliner and a stationary middle seat
Who is This Leather Sofa Ideal For?
Anyone looking for a modern, refined style with plush comfort will love this recliner. The neutral color finds its spot in any interior space.
7. FDW PU Leather Recliner Sofa Set
Best for Large Families: FDW PU Leather Recliner Sofa Set
The FDW Recliner Sofa Set comes in black or brown breathable PU leather. It has overstuffed comfy seats and armrests, as well as a manual reclining function that’s easy to use. The “nap” mode puts you in an almost flat position. Thanks to its elegant design, the set makes a great addition to a range of interior settings.
- Crafted with a sturdy wood and steel frame
- It has a manual recline function that’s easy to use
- Super adjustable with an almost flat position
- Takes minimal time to put together. No tools needed
- Offers a comfy retractable footrest to relax your feet on
- Upholstered in durable PU leather that’s kids and pet friendly
- Overstuffed seats, armrests, and back for optimal comfort
Who is This Leather Sofa Ideal For?
Perfect set for large families looking for both style and comfort.
8. Coaster Home Furnishings Sir Rawlinson
Best Cozy Design: Coaster Home Furnishings Sir Rawlinson
The cozy power reclining function gives you relaxing tilt control. Split back cushions, rolled arms and plump seats allow you to sink in for ultimate comfort. The brown coated microfiber finish fits naturally in any interior setting.
- Crafted from solid and plywood frame
- Needs less effort to assemble and use
- Rolled arms with nailhead trim for a classic design
- Comes in buckskin brown coated microfiber upholstery
Who is This Leather Sofa Ideal For?
If you’re looking for a classic but not overly traditional piece, you will enjoy this couch. Subtle elegant details will add style in any living space.
9. Catanzaro 2-Seat Power Reclining Sofa
Best Refined Look: Catanzaro 2-Seat Power Reclining Sofa
With a power motion, comfort takes priority and finding a relaxing spot is easy. The sofa is generously sized, making room for the whole family to squeeze in. It’s designed using top-grain leather on the seating area and armrests for a supple feel. The chic jumbo decorative stitching adds a unique touch.
- Sturdy metal frame
- Extra wide seats perfect for large families
- Comes with USB charging port in each power control
- Easy to use power recliners with adjustable positions
- Seats and armrests made from genuine top-grain leather
Who is This Product Ideal For?
Anyone looking for generously sized seats will love this recliner. The color and design blends into in any interior space.
10. Global Furniture Reclining Sofa
Best Neutral Sofa: Global Furniture Reclining Sofa
Lushly padded cushions showcasing decorative stitching give this sofa a casual design. It includes recliner and footrests that align you with an angle you desire. The gray leather gel is unique and versatile enough to blend well with any interior style.
- Easy to assemble and operate
- Comes in gray of black leather gel
- Overstuffed armrests and lushly padded back cushions
- Works with a matching console reclining loveseat
Who is This Leather Sofa Ideal For?
If you’re looking for a couch that’s easy to assemble, the Global Furniture Reclining Sofa is for you. Detailed instructions allow you to put this beauty together within minutes. Reviewers noted that the neutral color complements their existing interior décor.
For The Best Leather Reclining Sofas
Leather Reclining Sofa Explained
A reclining sofa has a built-in headrest and footrest. This permits the swift transition from an up-right seating to a reclining position.
Types of Reclining Sofa
The units can use different mechanisms for you to lean back and prop your feet up. One may feature an automated button that permits the seat lean-back, or a manual version that uses a lever.
A manual recliner uses a latch or lever, naturally located on either sofa end. Once pulled, a spring releases and the footrest of the reclining sofa will extend. You can use your body weight and motion to move the sofa into a desired position.
Often, it is cheaper to fix a manual recliner due to the absence of electrical components. On top of that, it is less complicated to use and need less effort to move around the house.
A potential setback is the limited features manual recliners offer. Less settings mean less options for how far back they go. This could result in a slightly less comfortable or personalized recliner experience.
A powered recliner relies on electrical movement rather than a conventional lever. It’s easy of use by people who may find it a challenge to release a tight manual lever or retract the footrest when done. Works well for elderly people and those with physical impairments.
They are great home theater additions and will instantly transport you into relaxation. Also, they often use more positions and settings when you want to get comfortable. Meaning, you can enjoy nearly infinite head tilt and lumbar support.
Powered recliners may come with a fitted rechargeable battery pack. The downside of these units is that mechanical parts make the sofa heavy to move around. Lastly, the motor can wear out, and when it does, it may warrant an expensive repair or part replacement.
Benefits of Using a Leather Reclining Sofa
From morning coffee to big game nights, a leather reclining sofa offers comfort and style. What’s more, they come with a host of therapeutic benefits that provide the user with a great experience.
Great for high traffic areas and compact spaces.
Large, open living spaces are a bit of a luxury these days. If you want to add a couch without cluttering the room, then this may be the right seating option for you.
An entertainer’s dream.
Plush cushions and adjustable head and footrests are worth having in a home theater. The best leather reclining couch embodies comfort befitting for entertaining loved ones. Makes taco and movie nights much more enjoyable!
What makes sofas with recliners more desirable is all the modern features. These include massage seats, USB charging ports, cup holders and limitless reclining angles.
A host of health benefits.
It may come as a surprise, but a reclining sofa can aid with some health challenges. It turns out that elevating your feet above heart level naturally reduce stress. Plus, it jumpstarts your body’s circulation and allows core muscles to relax!
In a study by La-Z-Boy, Dr. Dave David, a board-certified physician, shared his medical advice:
“Taking time to relax each day can help lower blood pressure and increase mental health. The reclining position is especially helpful because it prevents swelling and promotes good.”
“Any type of pain from the spinal area will have a significant impact on the body’s feeling and function. Even a few minutes resting in a properly reclined position can make a huge difference.”
He further added that sleeping in a semi-reclined position:
“… can help with medical conditions where a person experiences difficulty breathing. For instance, a semi-reclined position decrease severity of sleep apnea. It also helps with snoring problems, and many people do find them more comfortable than beds.”
Why You Need a Recliner That Fits your Body Type
A recliner that’s well-suited for your body will ensure great comfort and prevent body pain. Contrary, an ill-fitting seat may cause:
- back pain
- neck pain
- leg/ankle pain
A reclining sofa that aligns with your body type will provide support to pressure points. The five pressure points are the head, shoulders, lower back, knees and feet.
How are leather reclining sofas different from other alternative sofas?
Leather makes a bold design statement and offers superior durability. Its higher price point is worth the enhanced luxury, longevity and comfort level.
- leather exude a bold elegance that other materials don’t have
- looking for a budget-friendly leather? You can always opt for leatherette material
- leather provides the convenience of easy cleaning and fuss-free piece of furniture
- materials such as velvet may offer a plush texture but need constant cleaning
- natural or human-made fibers are among other available options from which to choose
Thoughtful tips for choosing the best leather reclining sofa
As you assess brands, please remember that comfort and style are half the equation. Construction and material durability are also key factors to a long-lasting recliner.
The size of the reclining sofa.
It’s important that you give thought to the dimensions and features of the space where the unit is to be place. The recliner that looks great in a furniture store may look too large (or too small) and out of place in your living room. How big or small your space is will influence whether you pick a single, double, triple or a sectional seater.
Determine how much space you need for the couch’s:
- full reclining length (from top to footrest)
- its width from one armrest to the other
- the flow of the room around the recliner
Ideally, you may want to leave at least 4 inches between the standard reclining sofa and the wall. Enough space in front of the furniture will allow flexible movement for the footrest to pop up.
Construction and upholstery.
Framework may not necessarily steal the show, but it is the skeleton of the sofa. Thereby, it’s often made to withstand the impact of people constantly sitting on it. Hardwood is quite admired for its durability, and how it maintains the shape of the couch, over the years.
Metal is the sturdiest material and will stand the test of time. Even better, it cost less than hardwood, though expensive than most manufactured woods. As mentioned before, you can either opt for a manual or electrically-powered recliner.
Faux, bonded and top-grain leather are some of the coverings on the market. Elegant top-grain leather offers a much softer and more supple quality. It excels in durability and stain-resistance as well. Yet, it costs more and tends to scratch.
Design and style.
With so many design and styles, it’s easier to find a leather reclining couch to enhance your existing decor. Leather in neutral hues such as taupe, black, brown, gray and tan makes it flexible to change your décor scheme
Bold shades of red, teal, navy and green may be all you need to add a splash of color to a neutral background. Whether you opt for a modern or contemporary piece, you will find one that fits your surroundings.
Certain brands offer free or paid design consultation services. You can have an assistant to assess your existing décor scheme and discuss your preferred style. So, rest assured, you will find a recliner that matches your design aspiration.
Comfort and ergonomics
The whole idea of purchasing a couch with a recliner is to enjoy its comfort and support traits. Brands like Furniture of America provide proper fit quality. It is important that the structure is well suited for both the young and elderly. Stuffed cushions to plush degree offer the utmost relaxation.
Extra features to accommodate seating needs should be well considered. Cup holders, storage cubbies, USB ports and heating pads are too appealing to ignore.
It’s essential that your recliner is strong enough to last for years. How long products last often comes down to framework and upholstery material. Hardwood and metal frames are natural durable, and a leather covering hard to stain. Reputable retailers’ backup their products with long warranties against malfunctions and defects.
Flaws but Not Deal Breakers
· As the cushion padding compresses over time, it may feel like the seat is sinking. If you tend to seat at a specific spot, that side of the seat will “sag” first, causing a leaning effect. Simply get the cushion padding replaced.
· Padding issues may cause discomfort, which eventually puts strain on your back. If this happens, then it might be time to rejuvenate foam for your seat.
· A broken spring or webbing may cause a sudden “hole” on the seat. Get this repaired by reattaching or getting a new spring.
· A manual or powered recliner may get stuck during operation. Simply check if there aren’t any objects caught in the mechanism. If not, have a repair tech check the motor.
· In the case where the footrest if hard to open or close, this may suggest an issue with the mechanism. Rebuilding or replacing it may be necessary.
Every brand on this list has something to offer when it comes to long term use, comfort, style and features. The Ashley Buncrana Power Reeling Sofa is a standout amongst other options we have on the list.
It provides a clean look, yet doesn’t compromise on elegance. It comes with plush cushions, metal frame, built-in USB port and top-grain interior. A true masterpiece that is all too appealing!